Between 10 to 15 percent of people worldwide are affected by the Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Traditional Chinese medicine herbs may improve symptoms of abdominal pain, bloating and distension caused by IBS.
What is IBS?
A common and chronic health condition, irritable bowel syndrome is a gastrointestinal disorder that affects the large intestine, or the colon, and can cause the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain
Symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be managed through a variety of natural methods, including diet modification, stress reduction and lifestyle changes, and traditional Chinese medicine herbs.
The benefits of natural treatment
Using traditional Chinese medicine herbs for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders offers many benefits, including:
- Management of symptoms when conventional therapies prove ineffective
- A lack of adverse side effects
- A strengthening boost for the immune system
- Aid in general health maintenance
There are many lifestyle changes, which you can help you alleviate the symptoms of IBS. Some of them are:
- Have regular eating times–The digestive system really loves it when it knows you are going to regularly feed your body. Often times having 3 meals at regular times a day makes a huge difference.
- Sit down, chew your food and eat slowly. Sit down, chew your food, turn off the TV, eat with people you like. Your ability to digest increases when you are calm and relaxed. Digestion begins in the mouth with chewing. Patients with digestive issues that has taken on the commitment to slow down, sit down and chew their food has seen improvement in their digestion–whether they have GERD, ulcers, IBS or just a little gas and bloating.
- Avoid spicy foods–too much spice will aggravate the heat patterns of IBS.
- Avoid raw food–too many raw or cold foods quells the digestive system.
Dubai Herbal & Treatment Centre also provides below services to effectively treat IBS:
- Colon Hydrotherapy
- Chinese Herbs
- Food Intolerance Test
- Nutrition consultation